Northern Ireland & Ulster Team – Anniversary Games Senior Men’s 4x100m Relay Selection Policy
Northern Ireland & Ulster Team:
Athletics NI have been invited send a Men’s 4x100m Relay team to the Anniversary Games on Sunday 9th July. The NI & Ulster team will compete against England, Scotland, Wales, Australia, Netherlands, Italy and Spain.
The team will comprise of 5 athletes with the minimum age 2001 DOB.
Selections will be made by the Athletics Northern Ireland & Ulster Athletics selection panel comprising
- The Athletics NI Chairman or other board member if unavailable (Voting)
- The Director of Coaching and Athlete Development or other staff member if unavailable (voting)
- A representative of the Athletics NI Track and Field Committee (Voting)
- A representative of Ulster Athletics Council (voting)
The Athletics Northern Ireland Chairman may also (at his discretion) seek assistance (in a non-voting capacity) from anyone else he/she feels may be of help.
Any voting member of the Selection Panel shall declare his or her conflict of interest in respect of any selection issue and shall not be entitled to vote on that issue.
- To be eligible for selection Athletes must compete in the Northern Ireland & Ulster Senior Championships on 10th June.
- Any athlete who achieves a top 3 finish at the Northern Ireland & Ulster Senior Championships 100m (or highest 3 placed Northern Ireland & Ulster athletes) and who achieves a 100m time of 10.95 or better before 26th June will gain automatic selection in that event.
- Athletes will be expected to make themselves available for the 4x100m at the Belfast International.
- A squad of up to 8 long listed athletes will be drawn up following the Northern Ireland & Ulster Senior Championships on 10th June and athletes will be expected to make themselves available for squad practices (dates TBC).
- Non automatic selections will be judged against the following criteria in priority order
- Power of 10 Rankings based on 100m in 2017
- Power of 10 Rankings based on 200m in 2017
- Performance at NI & Ulster Championships (Head to head)
- Consistency of performance
Interest athletes should express their interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 12thJune.