Athletics Fixtures In Northern Ireland
NI and Ulster U14 to U20 Age Group Track and Field Championships 2023
Mary Peters Track
10 June 2023 » 11 June 2023
Start Time: 10am
Online Entry Information
Start Lists & Results
Online Entries will close on Tuesday 30th May at 5pm. NO late entries will be accepted and no paper entries.
Timetable will be drawn up once entries close. The provisional list for each day is as follows:
- Day 1- U14/ U16/ U18/ ALL 800 and ALL Pole Vault
- Day 2- U15/ U17/ U19/ U20 and ALL 1500m
We will also be hosting a non-Championship U12 and U13 Walk event alongside the U14 Walks. Entries for this can be completed via the online entry link above.
*Please note this is subject to change
- Athletes may compete in the NI & Ulster Championships, if they meet the following:
- Registered to an NI & Ulster Club
- Are NI eligible (live in NI, have a parent or grandparent born in Northern Ireland) This must be confirmed with ANI staff before entry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are a NI schools athlete
- School athletes who are not a registered NI or Ulster athlete, will not be allowed to qualify through to the All Ireland Championships, but may still compete at the NI & Ulster Championships.
- Athletes who are NI eligible (conditions above) but are registered to an Irish Club from another region (Leinster, Munster and Connacht), may compete at NI & Ulster Championships, but can only qualify to All Ireland Championships through the relevant regional championships their club is based in.
Please note that on the first step of your entry the system will automatically give athletes an Age Category based on the UKA age groups. Please ignore this as the competition will run under World Athletics/ Athletics Ireland age categories, listed below.
Age Groups are under World Athletics/ Athletics Ireland rules, so age on 31st December 2023. Age Categories are as follows:
Championship Entries Policy
- Athletes must Register for all events if they intend to compete in when collecting their bib number. Failure to do this will result in disqualification. Competitors must report no later than 60 minutes before each event. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- All athletes aged U17 and up can enter 4 events.
- Coaches and parents are not allowed on the track at any time. Doing so may result in your athlete being disqualified.
- Athletes are allowed to bring up to two personal implements, and these must be given into registration for weighing.
- Field events will be given 4 attempts.
- There will be no call room in operation- athletes are asked to check in at their event at least 30 minutes before- both for Track and Field events.
- No headphones are allowed to be worn within the fenced area- this includes the warm up area of the track
- Bib numbers are the same for Day 1 and 2 if you are competing across both days.
General Competition Information
Weights & Heights
All entries are subject to the Championship Entry Policy, which can be found here.
Athlete Assistance Request Form. Please complete the Athlete Assistance Form if you are are athlete with disabilities who will require the assistance of the event organisers or officials.
All Ireland Age Group Championship Qualification Rules
- Four athletes from each region qualify to National for U12 to U16 in each event, except in the 600m where 3 qualify.
- Athletes U12-U16 can qualify in a maximum of three events while athletes U17-U19 can qualify in four events.
- All athletes U12-U16 must qualify from their regional championships. Athletes in the U17, U18 & U19 must enter the regional events in order to qualify.
- Athletes must be registered to an NI & Ulster club in order to qualify to All Ireland.
Entries for the All Ireland Age Group Championships will be through the Athletics Ireland system and will open in after the NI & Ulster Championships.
Athletics Ireland Competition Booklet
Any media/ photographers wishing to attend the NI & Ulster Age Group Championships in an official capacity, must complete the form below:
Media Accreditation Form
For more information please contact the Athletics NI Office on 028 9060 2707, or via email: