Individual Athlete Grants for Belfast City Council
Applications to Athletics NI are open for individual grants for athletes eligible for Belfast City Council funding.
Please carefully read the criteria and application process below.
- Athlete must live within BCC OR be a member of a club based in BCC
- Athlete must have international representation in the past two years (UK School Games or Schools International level and above)
- Athlete must not be in receipt of Sport NI athlete award funding
- Athlete must not be in receipt of funding from another council area
- Applicants must complete the google form at the google link below to the best of their ability by 3rd January 2024 at 5pm
- A panel will meet to discuss all applications by 8th January
- A maximum of 8 applications will be forwarded to BCC (Athletics NI will upload your answers to the BCC website)
- Successful athletes will be notified if they have been awarded any funding by BCC in late March 2024.
Selection Criteria (In no particular order)
- Level of funding already received in 2023
- Potential to achieve project aims (or make international team)
- International ranking
- Performance History (At major championships or Irish / UK championships)
- Performance Trajectory
Advice for applicants
- These grants are aimed at helping athletes towards competitions from 1st April 2024 to 31st March 2025.
- Athletes should aim to build their application around a high-level competition/international championship that they are aiming for.
- This competition or championships needs to be outside of NI.
- Applicants should be able to give a sound rationale on how the funding would benefit their training and what the funding would be used towards.
- Information provided needs to be accurate.
- All questions on the form must be answered to enable Athletics NI to submit the application.
- Guidance Notes: Grant Manager (belfastcity-grants.com)
Deadline: Tuesday 3rd January 2024