Championship Entries Policy
(Applies to all Cross Country and T&F Championship Entries.)
- Entries will be accepted both as hard copies or online
- Payment must be included at time of entry.
- Hard copy entries will close at 4pm on the Friday two weeks prior to the event weekend. No hard copy entries will be accepted after this deadline.
- Online entries will close at 12noon on the Tuesday 11days prior to the event weekend
- Late online entries will be accepted until 5pm on the Wednesday 10 days prior to the event weekend at double the normal entry fee. However late entries may not appear on the event programme.
- No entries will be accepted after the Wednesday deadline for entry.
- If Individuals experience difficulties with the online system then the Athletics NI office must be contacted by phone or email BEFORE the Tuesday deadline to explain the difficulty. Staff may then accept entries if the online system is at fault.
- If either the Tuesday or Friday deadlines happen to fall on a public holiday when the ANI office is closed then the relevant deadline will advance to the next day when the ANI office is open.
Revised Rules Concerning Online Entry
- It is agreed that no late entries will be accepted for inclusion in the event unless a mistake has been made in the Athletics NI office or if the online system has demonstrably malfunctioned.
Athletes who arrive on the day of the event will not be added to the start list in any event (Track of Field) unless it can be shown that an administrative error has occurred in the Athletics NI office.
If an athlete appears at an event (Track or Field) seeking to be added to the start list he/she must be immediately referred to the Event Manager. Under no circumstances should officials add him/her to the list of allow him/her to compete even as a “guest” or non-scoring athlete. Only the Event Manager can permit late additions to the start lists.
Clubs have a responsibility to ensure that all athletes wishing to compete under their club name in NI/Ulster Championships are aware of these conditions and abide by them.
- If an athlete manages to evade these rules and does manage to compete un-entered he/she will be disqualified from all events, even if entered legitimately, and the individual and their club will be referred to the ANI/UAC liaison committee which will decide if further action needs to be taken.
All officials will be made aware of these regulations as part of the pre-event briefing.
NI & Ulster Road Race Championship Policy