Mary Peters Trust Applications 2023
- Athlete must not be in receipt of British or Irish Carding funding
- Athlete must not be in receipt of Sport NI Athlete Award funding
- Applicants must complete the application form at the link below to the best of their ability by 15th September at 5pm
MPT Award Application - Mary Peters Trust
- An Athletics NI panel will meet to discuss all applications in the week following the deadline
- Successful athletes will be notified if they have been awarded funding by the Mary Peters Trust in the month following the deadline
As the National Governing Body, Athletics NI is required to prioritise the applications. An ANI selection panel will rank applications which meet the Mary Peters Trust criteria by considering the following criteria.
Ranking Criteria (In no particular order)
- The athlete’s potential to achieve project aims and their need for financial assistance.
- Level of funding already received
- International ranking
- Potential to compete with credit at Irish / UK championships
- Potential to compete with credit for international teams at future major championships.
As this award is aimed at helping potential international athletes develop towards senior success it is hoped several years of support will help them progress. Therefore, if an athlete has previously received the annual award from the Trust three times, the application will not be endorsed unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Mary Peters Trust Funding Athlete Application
Mary Peters Trust Funding Coaching Application