Covid-19 Restrictions Update
24 March 2021
Following clarification from Sport NI and the Executive, Athletics NI would like to advise athletes, coaches, clubs and associates of the following:
- From 1st April up to 10 people from two households can take part in outdoor athletics training
- From 12th April up to 15 people (including coaches and volunteers) can take part in outdoor athletics training through an Athletics NI affiliated club. More than one club session can take place at the same time, but must be in a different space (eg track, pitch or court). Where the athletes are under 18, two groups can meet in the same space
- Athletics tracks are limited to 15 participants at any one time, or up to 30 where all athletes are under 18. In situations where there are a range of ages, two U18s should be classed as one adult
- The resumption of sport is limited to training only. No dates have yet been given for the resumption of competitive sport (with the exception of elite competition)
- All activity is subject to continued adherence to PHA guidance on social distancing, face coverings and hand sanitising, and to the protocols on the Athletics NI website
The Mary Peters Track will reopen on 1st April, and users must follow the booking instructions on www.marypeterstrack.com. The reopening of all other tracks is subject to the relevant operating council.
Athletics NI will update this guidance upon further updates from Sport NI and the NI Executive.