Northern Ireland Does The Daily Mile
19 May 2021
The Daily Mile™ are hosting their first national event day in schools and across social media, to get pupils across Northern Ireland active together, and connecting the importance of being active to mental health.
In light of the covid-19 pandemic, mental health awareness, especially in children and young people, and its relation to physical activity, is incredibly important. The Daily Mile and Athletics Northern Ireland are encouraging every school to get involved and bring the nation together. Check out the video below from Daily Mile Ambassador, Olympian Kerry O'Flaherty:
Once you complete the quick & free sign-up, your school will have access to resources to help you get prepared. Then simply head outside on Friday 28th May between 9am and 3pm to participate in your Daily Mile with other schools and nurseries in Northern Ireland.
Here are our 5-steps-to-success:
- Simply register for the event in the link below to gain access to the fun resources for your students.
- Get creative! Decorate your Back Signs for students to wear on the day. We want to see why you do your Daily Mile – send us some photos, and we can give your school a shoutout.
- Simply head outside and do your Daily Mile at any time that suits your school, on Friday 28th May, between 9 am – 3pm.
- Take a photo of your school doing your Daily Mile, and tag @_thedailymile on social media so we can see and celebrate your activity.
- Be awarded your special certificate, signed by founder Elaine Wyllie, as a big thank you and to acknowledge your pledge towards better children’s mental health!
If you have any questions about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is hosted by The Daily Mile Network NI and Daily Mile Foundation.