Setting Up A New Club
Before taking on the responsibility of starting a new club, we would ask that you look at our Find A Club page to find the clubs available in your area. If you are still interested in setting up a new club, here are some simple steps for you to follow:
- Your club must have at least one Athletics Coach/ Coach in Running Fitness (CIRF) present at all club activities. The first step on this pathway is to get people trained to the Level 1- Leader in Running Fitness (LIRF) or Coaching Assistant. You can find out more about our Coaching Courses here.
- If you would like to go ahead with your new club, contact the Athletics NI offices on 028 9060 2707, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a New Club pack.
- In your club pack, you will receive a Sample Constitution, the annual Registration Booklet and a list of the Committees Roles. Once you have completed your Club Constitution and have your Committee Members selected, you can return these to email@example.com, along with details of your club, including:
- Club Name,
- Training Location,
- Picture/Artwork of your Club Kit,
- Committee Contact Details (at least the Secretary, Treasurer and Chairperson)
- Affiliation payment- can be paid by cheque, or via the online Club Portal
- Once we have received your New Club information, we will be able to get your Club Portal set up so you can start registering your members!